Thursday, November 19, 2009

Doctor

So you may ask "why not a Dr.?" Well I can sum that up pretty easily. Length of school vs. age, lol AND did you know you have to get straight A's in the science prereqs to even be considered for Med School?

My husband was talking to a student who he bought his Anatomy book from. She was a Dr. in Romania. When she came to the states, all her schooling was disregarded. She.was.a.doctor! She had to start all over again and take all the same prereqs as my husband is. She is currently in the nursing program at the local State U. Why only nursing? Because she did not get all A's on her prerequs. I really think I should remind my husband of this, because while he really had high hopes for A's, it's looking like they will be B's maybe even C's, but even a DOCTOR did not pass these classes with A's. How is that possible?

Oh and I'm sure he would also tell you it's because Drs. are asses and deal with paperwork, not the patient.

2 comments:

Homemaker Man said...

I kind of agree with your husband. Nurses get to have a more real connection with the patient most times, I think. When my wife had some trouble brreastfeeding the peanut, it was a post natal nurse who gave us her cell # and told us to call anytime for help. We were so grateful. Big Congrats to your husband for finishing up his math and almost finishing his English. He is on his way. And B's in the science classes rock.

Viv said...

For her it could be a language barrier thing. I won't even share my husband's US college GPA, I don't want to scare anyone driving over a bridge he might have designed. ;)

(You mean to say that doctors aren't asses?)